Waste360 is excited to announce the winners of its third annual 40 Under 40 awards program, which honors the next generation of leaders who are shaping the future of the waste and recycling industry.
“The 2018 40 Under 40 class is outstanding,” says Waste360 Vice President and Market Leader Mark Hickey. “With more than 300 nominations, our hardest task was selecting 40 finalists from such an exceptional group. I love the fact that the awards represent every part of the waste and recycling industry and include a variety of titles and disciplines. We look forward to seeing all our finalists at the 40 Under 40 awards ceremony, which is being held at WasteExpo 2018 in Las Vegas.”
The Waste360 40 Under 40 awards program recognizes inspiring and innovative professionals under the age of 40 whose work in waste, recycling and organics has made a significant contribution to the industry. This year’s winners represent a wide range of industry disciplines, including solid waste hauling, equipment manufacturing, recycling, composting, technology, policymaking and more.
The 2018 40 Under 40 award winners:
- Priyanka Bakaya, CEO and Founder, Renewlogy
- Jason Banks, Director of Sales, National Accounts, Waste Management
- Frankie Contreras, Vice President and Operations Manager, Carolina Recycles, Inc.
- John Dannan, Principal, Generate Capital
- Anna DeLage, Recycling Market Development, South Carolina Department of Commerce
- Sean Finn, Sustainability Manager, Universal Waste Systems, Inc.
- Loren Franklin, Senior Category Manager, Fuel, Republic Services, Inc.
- Michelle Goth, General Manager, Ripple Glass, LLC
- Jason Grube, President, Rochester Iron & Metal, Inc.
- Benjamin J. Harvey, Vice President, EL Harvey
- Brianne Haven, Vice President of Operations, Resource Recycling Systems, Inc. (RRS)
- Travis Lee Hitchcock, Regional Vice President, Waste Industries
- Sean Michael Jennings, Division Manager, Waste Pro USA, Inc.
- Ryan Lawrence Kiscaden, Executive Director, Thermostat Recycling Corporation
- Jesse Levin, President, NCM Odor Control
- Lucas Mariacher, Zero Waste Coordinator, City of Phoenix
- Mark McLaughlin, Regional Sales Manager, McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing
- Meg Moynihan, Marketing Program Strategist, Stericycle Environmental Solutions
- Matthew Nelson, Vice President of Finance and Investor Relations, Advanced Disposal Services, Inc.
- Rachel Oster, Owner and Principal at Diversion Strategies; Founder of Women in Solid Waste & Recycling (WISR)
- Jason Pratt, Region Controller Canada, Waste Connections, Inc.
- Erika-Alexandra Solis, Construction and Demolition Diversion Manager and Recycling Program Manager, Waste Management, Northern California-Nevada
- Julia Watsford, Vice President, Corporate Strategy and Market Planning, Wheelabrator Technologies
- Abbie Webb, Sustainability Director, Casella Waste Systems, Inc.
- Nicole Willett, Director, Public Affairs and Public Sector, Waste Management, Eastern Canada Area
- Paul Yang, Global Innovation, Tim Hortons
A panel of expert judges from Waste360 evaluated the nominations and consulted with an external advisor to select the finalists and winners.
The winners will be honored during an awards ceremony at WasteExpo, North America's largest solid waste, recycling and organics industry event, April 23-26, 2018, in Las Vegas. This year marks the 50th anniversary of WasteExpo, so there’s no better place to celebrate this year’s rising stars.