Sponsored By

Fire Erupts at Sterling, Illinois Recycling Center

October 20, 2015

1 Min Read
Fire Erupts at Sterling, Illinois Recycling Center

WQAD.com

Firefighters were on scene for nearly three hours when a blaze erupted at the CIMCO Recycling Center in Sterling Illinois.

The fire was initially called in as an outside fire at 4:35 p.m. Monday, October 19, 2015, according to the Sterling Fire Department. When firefighters got to the center, at 13509 Galt Road, they found a pile of scrap rubber and plastics involved in “heavy fire” on the south side of the separator building.  That pile is known as a “fluff pile.”

Continue reading at WQAD.com

Stay in the Know - Subscribe to Our Newsletters
Join a network of more than 90,000 waste and recycling industry professionals. Get the latest news and insights straight to your inbox. Free.

You May Also Like