Stay in the Know - Subscribe to Our Newsletters
Join a network of more than 90,000 waste and recycling industry professionals. Get the latest news and insights straight to your inbox. Free.
March 23, 2023
Collection systems are the wastewater utilities largest asset more than the treatment plant. The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates that there are over 20 million sewer manholes in the US. Each of these structurers are susceptible to structural failure. EPA estimate that $271 billion is needed to maintain and improve the nation’s wastewater infrastructure. Trenchless technologies have become a major alternative to traditional digging for replacement for pipelines and maintenance holes.
This session will use understandable approach using photo’s, videos, and case histories to cover the following:
1. Problems such as inflow, infiltration, exfiltration, roots, corrosion, and structural defects.
2. Where trenchless technologies can be used.
3. The 4 basic styles of technologies used for rehabilitation of maintenance holes, pump stations and WWTP.
a. Dig & Replace
b. Spray on barrier coatings
c. Trowel on calcium aluminate lining systems
d. Cured-in-Place Maintenance Hole liners
4. Replacing MH rings covers with fiberglass reinforced composite.
5. Learn how to build better manholes
1. Discuss the conditions that increase costs of maintenance and shorten the life of pipelines
2. Review the applications that require dig and replace and which are candidates for trenchless technology
3. Discover the trenchless technology options available for manhole & pump station, & WWTP rehabilitation
4. Identify how to build better manholes
Speaker: Dave Badgley, Business Development Manager at Performance Pipeline Technologies
You May Also Like