NEW YORK, March 4, 2021 -- Waste360 announces the winners of the sixth annual 40 Under 40 awards program, which honors the next-generation of leaders who are shaping the future of the waste and recycling industry.
“Bravo to this year’s inspiring class of Waste360 40 Under 40 award winners,” said Liz Bothwell, Head of Content & Marketing and Waste360 NothingWasted! Podcast Host. “From haulers and recyclers to composters, researchers, engineers, sustainability experts, landfill operators and public sector heroes, our list covers the industry’s brightest and most talented up and coming leaders. Their diverse experience and commitment to their work ‘wowed’ us. We know that our industry is in good hands and our future is bright with these young professionals at the helm. We look forward to celebrating them at WasteExpo.”
The Waste360 40 Under 40 awards program recognizes inspiring and innovative professionals under the age of 40 whose work in waste, recycling and organics has made a significant contribution to the industry. The winners are involved in every part of the waste and recycling industry, including haulers, municipalities, composters, recycling professionals, policymakers and product suppliers.
The 2021 40 Under 40 Award Winners
- Korey Jones, Solid Waste Collections Administrator, Athens-Clarke County
- Mike Zukusky, CFO, Big Truck Rental
- Vinnie Bevivino, Director of Organics, Bioenergy DevCo
- Kristian Buur, President, Bramidan USA
- Taylor Norton, Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, Budget Dumpster
- Joanne Brasch, PhD, Special Projects Manager, California Product Stewardship Council
- Rachel Ashworth, Director of Industrial Solutions, Casella Resource Solutions
- Eduardo Rodriguez, Operations Manager, City of Phoenix
- Meaghan Davis, Manager, Circular Economy & Innovation, Solid Waste Management Services, City of Toronto
- Timothy Mitchell, Senior Project Manager, Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- Brendon Pantano, CEO, Coastal Waste & Recycling, Inc.
- Ben Parry, CEO, Compost Crew
- Rachael Graziotto, Analyst, Sales Operations, Covanta Environmental Solutions
- Stephanie C. Bolyard, Research and Scholarships Program Manager, Environmental Research & Education Foundation (EREF)
- Andrea Rodriguez-Pinero, Director of Recycling, US, FCC Environmental Services
- Jennifer Guhl, Development & Marketing Director, Food Rescue US
- Seth Heath, General Manager, GFL Environmental
- Zebedee McLaurin VI, Sustainability Director, Goodr, Inc.
- William Brinker, Managing Director, Landfill Group
- Brandon D. Hurst, President/CEO, Martin Environmental Services Inc.
- Michael Derr, Senior Sales Manager, McNeilus | An Oshkosh Corporation Company
- Kisha Murray, Manager, Miami Dade County Department of Solid Waste Management, Code Enforcement Division
- Jason Utgaard, General Manager, Momentum Recycling
- Julie Raskin, Executive Director, NYC Sanitation Foundation
- Renee Barker, Food System Sustainability Manager, Postmates, Inc
- Rachel Perlman, Senior Associate for Policy and Programs, Product Stewardship Institute
- Brennan Madden, Senior Consultant, RRS
- Elizabeth Montoya, Chief of Protocol and Investor Relations, Rubicon
- Leah Tischler, Sustainability Manager, SBM
- Brett Belda, Vice President, Waste Technology Division, Schaefer Systems International, Inc.
- Somshekhar Kundral, Senior Project Manager, SCS Engineers
- John Fearrington, Project Engineer, Smith Gardner, Inc.
- Kyle O'Keefe, Director of Innovation and Programs, Solid Waste Authority of Central Ohio (SWACO)
- Kari Armbruster, Zero Hunger | Zero Waste Program Lead, The Kroger Co.
- Chance Hennig, Regional Sales Manager, Toter, A Wastequip Brand
- TJ Troiano, Chief Operating Officer, Troiano Waste Services, Inc.
- Celeste McMickle, Director of Client Solutions TRUE Certification, U.S. Green Building Council
- Aaron Bradley, Division Vice President, Waste Connections
- Katy Wong, Project Manager, Waste Management
- John Winters, Route Optimization Manager, Winters Bros. Waste Systems
Waste360 Innovator and Changemaker Awards
Clark Dinnison, Head of Product, Replenysh has been honored with the Waste360 Innovator Award, which recognizes innovators and forward thinkers who often use technology to better the industry. Dinnison is an innovative thinker and visionary to see beyond market norms and capitalize on the underserved markets by implementing strategic partnerships. He has created software applications that have fundamentally changed the way business is done from collection and tracking to optimization. His work has changed the way materials are moved and used in a way that has not been done before.
Noah Moretter, CEO, Noah’s Recycling has been honored with the Waste360 Changemaker Award, which recognizes leaders who are creating real, meaningful, positive change for the waste, recycling and organics industry. During the pandemic, this young man started his own recycling company and donates a portion of the money he makes to a local food shelf. He has a passion for responsible recycling, saving the planet and wants to share his knowledge with his classmates, his community and the world. His goals are big, he wants to be the CEO of Waste Management.
A panel of expert judges from Waste360 evaluated the nominations and consulted with an external advisor to select the finalists and winners.
The winners will be honored during an awards ceremony at WasteExpo, North America's leading solid waste, recycling and organics industry event, June 28-30, 2021 in Las Vegas. For more information on WasteExpo, please visit WasteExpo.com or follow WasteExpo on Twitter at @Waste_Expo.
View past classes of Waste360 40 Under 40 awards winners:
WasteExpo is the leading event in North America for waste, recycling and organics professionals from the private and public sector. WasteExpo offers an interactive conference program that dives deep into vital industry topics such as recycling, landfills, fleet management, collections, organics, safety, food waste and recovery, and more. WasteExpo also boasts a robust Exhibit Hall showcasing 600+ exhibitors showcasing the latest industry solutions. WasteExpo is co-located with the Waste360 Investor Summit, the Waste360 Healthcare Waste Conference, the Waste360 Business Leadership Forum and Waste360 Sustainability Talks.
About the Waste360 Group
The Waste360 Group harnesses the power of its many properties to serve the solid waste and recycling industry. The industry widely consumes this content in the form of websites, live events, online learning and digital opportunities and includes: Waste360.com, WasteExpo, The Global Waste Management Symposium and topical and timely eNewsletters including Waste360 Daily Wire. Waste360’s NothingWasted! Podcast features the rockstars of the waste, recycling and organics industry weekly for the latest news and insights on people behind the industry. For more information, visit www.waste360.com.
About Informa Markets
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. We provide marketplace participants around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, targeted digital services and actionable data solutions. We connect buyers and sellers across more than a dozen global verticals, including Pharmaceuticals, Food, Medical Technology and Infrastructure. As the world's leading market-making company, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year. For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com.
Head of Content & Marketing, Waste360 NothingWasted! Podcast Host