NEW YORK, May 4, 2022 – WasteExpo, North America's largest solid waste, recycling and organics industry tradeshow and conference, is committed to building a sustainable future. By improving its impact environmentally, socially and economically, WasteExpo will deliver a sustainable event.
“Sustainability is deeply important to our team. Not only do we talk about sustainability on a daily basis within the industry, but we've taken the steps to create a more sustainable event by looking for opportunities to improve our impact. We’re excited to bring the greatest minds in the industry together next week to learn how we can all do our part to make a difference,” said Liz Bothwell, Head of Content & Marketing and Waste360 NothingWasted! Podcast Host.
WasteExpo Green Initiatives include:
- WasteExpo is partnering with Wastequip and the Las Vegas Convention Center to implement a three-bin waste stream system including Compost, Recycling and Landfill
- Partnering with GES to collect leftover conference and booth materials for donation to local non-profits
- Reducing paper consumption by offering a mobile app instead of a printed program
- Eliminating carpet from the aisles of the show floor of the WasteExpo Exhibit Hall
- 100% use of LED technology for custom booth builds
- The event will be powered by 100% Renewable Electricity
- Discounts for the Las Vegas Monorail, which connects the Las Vegas Convention Center to six additional stations along Las Vegas Boulevard.
- Repurposing food waste to create a Zero Waste Lunch for WasteExpo’s Food Recovery Forum
- Educating the industry on food waste prevention and recovery within the Waste360 Food Recovery Forum
- Creating Waste360’s Sustainability Talks to openly discuss the most environmentally pressing concerns within waste, recycling and organics.
- Offering a plant-based menu for the Sustainability Talks event
- Reducing the use of single-use plastic during the Sustainability Talks event
Additional information on WasteExpo’s Sustainability Initiative can be found here.
WasteExpo has created Waste360 Sustainability Talks, a co-located event focused solely on Sustainability. The one-day event takes place on May 11. Bill Caesar, Operating Partner, Generate Capital will present the keynote address. Additional event highlights include: “The Package Deal: Innovations and the Latest Thinking in Sustainable Packaging,” “Scaling the Use of Ocean-bound Plastics: A Story of Circularity,” “Chasing Transparency – Carbon Labeling” and “The Plastic Treaty is Here – Now What?”
Sustainability Talks also offers year-round content including articles, a Sustainability Talks newsletter, videos, white papers, infographics and webinars on Waste360. Click here to learn more. Register for the Sustainability Talks newsletter here.
WasteExpo takes place May 9-12, 2022 and is co-located with Waste360 Sustainability Talks, the Waste360 Food Recovery Forum, the Waste360 Business Leadership Forum, the Waste360/Stifel Investor Summit, and the Waste360 Healthcare Waste Conference. Separate registration is required.
Media interested in attending WasteExpo can email [email protected].
For additional information on exhibition or sponsorship opportunities, contact Juliana Sherwood at [email protected] or Debra Busby at [email protected].
WasteExpo is the leading event in North America for waste, recycling and organics professionals from the private and public sector. WasteExpo offers an interactive conference program that dives deep into vital industry topics such as recycling, landfills, fleet management, collections, organics, safety, food waste and recovery, and more. WasteExpo also boasts a robust Exhibit Hall showcasing hundreds of exhibitors and the latest industry solutions. WasteExpo is co-located with the Waste360 Investor Summit, the Waste360 Healthcare Waste Conference, the Waste360 Business Leadership Forum and Waste360 Sustainability Talks.
About the Waste360 Group
The Waste360 Group harnesses the power of its many properties to serve the solid waste and recycling industry. The industry widely consumes this content in the form of websites, live events, online learning and digital opportunities and includes: Waste360.com, WasteExpo, The Global Waste Management Symposium and topical and timely eNewsletters including Waste360 Daily Wire. Waste360’s NothingWasted! Podcast features the rockstars of the waste, recycling and organics industry weekly for the latest news and insights on people behind the industry. For more information, visit www.waste360.com.
About Informa Markets
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. We provide marketplace participants around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, targeted digital services and actionable data solutions. We connect buyers and sellers across more than a dozen global verticals, including Pharmaceuticals, Food, Medical Technology and Infrastructure. As the world's leading market-making company, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year. For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com.
Head of Content & Marketing, Waste360 NothingWasted! Podcast Host
E: [email protected]