Ambika Gupta, a luxe event planner in Chennai, India is known for creating captivating weddings.
This year, Gupta had to work around the challenges related to the pandemic, which has led to greener, more responsible weddings that impact the planet positively.
Gupta’s tips for creating a greener wedding:
- Use local floral to reduce the carbon footprint and help local farmers
- Instead of store bought gifts for guests, engage with nonprofits that support local artisans
- Use disposable cutlery made of biodegradable materials like bamboo
- Use wedding invitations made out of recycled paper or e-invites
- Use materials like clay, straw, living plants, recyclable materials for backdrops
- Consider limiting the number of guests and marry at a local venue
- Use classic furniture that can be reused
- Consider lighting options that are less energy-consuming
Read the original story here.