Here are the top five stories for the week of October 4 - 8. Enjoy!
1. Episode 124: The Google of Garbage – Creating an Ecosystem That Drives Change (NothingWasted! Podcast)
In our latest episode of NothingWasted!, we chat with Tom Szaky, Founder & CEO of TerraCycle (and a Waste360 40 Under 40 award-winner in 2019!). We spoke with Szaky about the possibilities of reuse, the power of multi-stakeholder collaboration, TerraCycle’s dream to one day be “the Google of garbage,” and more.
2. European Electronics Rental Company Expands to U.S. to Tackle E-waste
Grover, a consumer electronics rental company in Europe, recently expanded its offering into the U.S., hoping to aid in eliminating e-waste.
3. Why Industry and Government Want to Change the Rules Around a Universal Recycling Symbol
“Local jurisdictions and their haulers spend hundreds of millions of dollars annually educating our customers on what is recyclable in an effort to improve recycling rates and reduce contamination and recycling costs. But those dollars are wasted if the packaging or materials include markings that falsely claim they are recyclable.”
4. The Risk of Methane and the Reward of RNG
In this month’s edition of Business Report, we delve into the recent, more intense focus on methane gas as a potent greenhouse gas (GHG) and the increasing interest and investment in renewable natural gas (RNG).
5. Seed Funding to Help AI Company Turn Waste into Resources
London-based Recycleye is using its recently acquired seed money to utilize advanced artificial intelligence and robotics to turn the world’s waste into resources.