WasteExpo, North America’s largest solid waste, recycling and organics industry event, will bring the industry together to discuss successes and challenges June 1-4 in Las Vegas.
- An hour-long “Heavy Hitters” keynote panel to discuss industry trends, technologies and challenges. The CEO panelists include: Richard Burke, Advanced Disposal; Ronald Mittelstaedt, Waste Connections Inc.; Joseph Quarin, Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd.; and David Steiner, Waste Management Inc. Michael E. Hoffman, managing director, for the financial services company Stifel, Nicolaus & Co. Inc., will moderate. It will take place Wednesday, June 3 at 9 a.m.
- The conference program features nine tracks and 60 sessions, including key safety issues such as distracted driving, fire and crime prevention.
- The exhibit hall will host more than 560 exhibitors displaying the latest equipment and technology.
- The WasteExpo Investor Summit, which will take place Monday, June 1, will bring together senior management of major public and private solid, industrial and energy waste companies, innovators of new technologies and institutional investors. The Summit is produced in conjunction with Stifel and hosted by Hoffman. It takes place Monday, June 1.
- The Healthcare Waste Conference is co-located with WasteExpo and will take place June 3-4. The conference focuses on the regulatory, legislative and technical issues that affect the healthcare waste industry. It’s the only annual conference in the U.S. devoted solely to healthcare waste.
- The National Waste & Recycling Association's (NWRA) Awards Breakfast is the industry’s opportunity to come together and honor its best. The association will present the prestigious Driver of the Year Awards and recognize new inductees to the Hall of Fame. The program takes place on Tuesday, June 2 at 7:30 a.m.
- On Tuesday, June 2 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. outside the Convention Center Central Halls, the Mack Refuse Test Drive & Demonstration will allow attendees to test-drive the new Mack LR model. The Innovations Central Demonstration Area will provide attendees with the latest products, including the new Odyssey Commercial and the Self-Contained Auger.
The exhibit hall will open with a ribbon-cutting ceremony Tuesday, June 2 at 9:45 a.m. and is sponsored by Republic Services Inc. For Republic Tim Oudman, area president, and Nathan Cabbil, West Region president, will attend the ceremony, along with former Las Vegas mayor Oscar Goodman. Goodman will also offer a proclamation from the city of Las Vegas highlighting the importance of the recycling industry.
“WasteExpo is proud to have Las Vegas as the host city for our event. The city has a strong focus on sustainability and is focused on finding ways to recycle and repurpose its waste. We are thrilled to have the support of the local community,” said Mark Hickey, vice president of Waste360. “Our event is a fantastic setting to bring the industry together to discuss the challenges and issues businesses are experiencing each and every day. We have a powerful combination of co-located events this year that will deliver both attendees and exhibitors with an unparalleled experience.”
Register here to attend WasteExpo.