The National Waste & Recycling Association (NWRA) Women's Council elected a slate of new leaders for 2020, including Faith Zydowsky of Sierra Container Group as president.
"Congratulations to the 2020 board on their newly elected positions,” said Zydowsky in a statement. “On behalf of the 2020 board, we look forward to the continued growth of our fine membership, professional development activities and fundraising for our scholarship program. It has been an honor and a privilege to serve the waste and recycling industry as vice president and chair of fundraising for the NWRA Women’s Council. I am eager and excited to work with the exceptional members of this organization."
Also elected to the 2020 Women's Council Board are:
- Vice President: Katie Raverty-Evans of Best Way Disposal
- Treasurer: Dianna Cervantes of WCA Waste Corporation
- Secretary: Cheryl Waite of Perkins Manufacturing
- Membership and Marketing: Tate Moeller, Organix Solutions
- Scholarship: Tammy Holtzman of Waste Connections
- Fundraising: Pam Caron of Risk Strategies and Laura Askin Grannis of Rehrig Pacific Company
- Professional Development: Maria Frizzell of Schaefer Systems International
- Past President: Carmen Smothers of 3rd Eye MobileVision
"It has been a pleasure to serve as president of the NWRA Women's Council,” said Outgoing President Smothers in a statement. “We have done great things together, and I know that will continue. I look forward to supporting the industry and the Women's Council in other roles."
The new terms begin on January 1, 2020.