Now that you’ve made the (smart!) decision and investment to exhibit at WasteExpo, it’s time to strategize to ensure you’ll make the most of your time and presence there.
Each company measures tradeshow ROI differently—and the metrics may change year to year. Perhaps you’re introducing a new brand and are focused on building up your social-media presence, or maybe you are trying to increase sales of an innovative new product. You may even be zeroed in on seeking partnerships with other exhibitors, or simply extending your brand awareness to the international audience.
The tradeshow floor is a unique environment that offers countless opportunities to benefit your brand. Here are a few of our top tips for leveraging WasteExpo from all angles:
- Have you encouraged any of your company’s top managers (perhaps especially those who are skeptical about the value of tradeshows) to attend WasteExpo and spend some time at your booth? WasteExpo’s 50th anniversary is a great opportunity to show your executives the power of the face-to-face environment.
- Take advantage of the education-rich environment, and equip yourself with the latest learnings to help your company succeed in this ever-changing industry. Maybe even attend the Waste360 Investor Summit, where you’ll get actionable insights from some of the industry’s top rock stars.
- Leverage the presence of competitors to your advantage both by sharing insights and challenges with them—and also doing recon to see what their booth and other show activities are focused on this year.
- Who is your most important target audience this year? Remember that you control the environment and content of your booth—and it’s worth customizing it to meet the needs and interests of the well-defined targets you want to reach.
- Don’t forget that large numbers of industry experts will be in attendance at WasteExpo 2018; grab a moment with them at meal times, networking events, and on the show floor to glean insights to help you position your products for the year ahead.
- If your company is search of new talent? WasteExpo is a great place to meet and greet prospective hires!
- Take time to connect with industry press. Set up conversations between your desired media contacts and your company’s experts and executives if possible, to help spread word about your latest technologies and other newsworthy items.
- Are you looking to expand your presence abroad? Make a point of connecting with WasteExpo’s many international attendees, and widen your sales footprint.
- Stand out from the crowd with sponsorship opportunities. WasteExpo has a ton to fit any goal or budget. Take a look to see how smart sponsorships can help you increase your exposure.
We look forward to seeing you for the 50th annual WasteExpo. Remember to plan ahead, stand out once you’re there, and actively follow up with new connections and prospects. This is your brand’s time to shine!