AGREEMENTS * IESI Corp., Halton City, Texas, has acquired independent colletion and recycling companies from the Dellvena Group, Vibro Inc. and LaCavalla Group in New York City.
* Earth Tech, Long Beach, Calif., has acquired Multiservice Engineering Ltd. of Brazil.
* Eastern Environmental Services Inc., Mt. Laurel, N.J., has completed its acquisition of Kimmins Recycling Corp., which has operations in Tampa, Miami and Ft. Myers, Fla.
ANNOUNCEMENTS * Environmental Resources Management (ERM) has acquired a majority interest in Econsult, an environmental consulting firm in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The acquisition will create a second ERM office in Sao Paulo. ERM also has established a third Brazil office in Salvador.
AWARDS * Cummins Engine Co. Inc., Caterpillar Inc., Mack Trucks Inc., Detroit Diesel, Volvo Truck Corp. and Navistar have reached an agreement with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to begin phasing in new diesel engine emissions regulations, and to meet emissions standards set for 2004.
* RRT Design and Construction, Melville, N.Y., has entered into a 10-year agreement with Electronic Funds and Data Corp. (EF&D), Southampton, N.Y., to market EF&D's automated billing products through its RRT Total Billing Solution Services division.
CALL FOR PAPERS * Roy F. Weston Inc., West Chester, Pa., has formed a marketing alliance with Spectrum Environmental Sciences Inc., Frederick, Md., to provide full-scope, environmental services to industrial, commercial and governmental clients.
CERTIFICATION * Metal Management Inc., Chicago, has agreed to acquire a 28.5 percent interest in Southern Recycling LLC, New Orleans. Under the terms of the agreement, Metal Management will not pay any cash, but will arrange for new and expanded financing. The company also has a three-year option to buy the remaining ownership interest in Southern Recycling.
* Georgia-Pacific Corp., Atlanta, has agreed to buy Connelly Container Inc.'s Bala Cynwyd, Pa., packaging plant.
CONTRACTS * Waste Management Inc. (WMI), Houston, announced plans to buy out its Container Recycling Alliance (CRA) joint venture partner, American National Can Co. (a subsidiary of Pechiney, France).
* New York-based Pure Energy Corp.'s P-series motor fuel has been proposed to be designated as an "Alternative Fuel" by the U.S. Department of Energy.
* The Association of Oregon Recyclers has named its 1998 Recyclers of the Year. They are: Jan Rankin, city of Gresham, Ore.; Bi-O-Kleen Industries, Clackamas, Ore.; Jack Force, AMG Resources, Seattle; Portland Public Schools, Ore.; Lochmead Dairy and Dari-Mart Stores, Junction City, Linn, Benton and Lane counties, Ore.; Zachary Zakon, Eugene, Ore.; and Smurfit Newsprint Newberg Mill, Newberg, Ore.
* R'Congress, the Integrated Resources Management World Congress and Trade Show has issued a call for abstracts for its June 5-9, 2000 conference in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. For more information, contact Dr. Anis Barrage, director of congress, Seefeldstrasse 224, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland. Phone: 41-1-386-44-44. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website:www RRR2000.com
* The Drivetrain Service Divi-son of Dana Corp., Toledo, Ohio, has received ISO-9001 certification.
FISCAL * Bulk Handling Systems Inc., Eugene, Ore., delivered a construction/demolition processing system, which is designed to process up to 50 tons per hour, in Florida.
* EET Corp., Knoxville, Tenn., received a $19 million subcontract from California-based Bechtel Jacobs Co. LLC to perform computerized tracking of wastes at U.S. Department of Energy sites in Oak Ridge, Tenn., and in Paducah, Ky.
GRANTS * Roy F. Weston Inc., West Chester, Pa., has received a $685,000 contract to operate and maintain Fulton County, Ga.'s two landfills in the metro-Atlanta area.
* Pall Rochem has received a $2.5 million contract to provide the leachate treatment system for Lane County's Short Mountain Landfill in Eugene, Ore. It also has been awarded a $1 million contract to provide the leachate treatment system for Hall County's Chandler Road Landfill in Gainesville, Ga.
INTERNET * The city of Lexington, Ky., and the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government have hired RRT Design and Construction, Melville, N.Y., to conduct an in-depth recycling assessment.
* Bedminster Bioconversion Corp., Marietta, Ga., will handle operations of the city of Port Stephens, Australia's 110-ton per day co-composting plant.
* Victor Anderson, and his Louisville, Ky.-based company, Solutions, is sole nationwide distributor for Reidsville, N.C.-based Plastic Omnium Zarn's reusable medical waste containers.
* Wastequip/Accurate Industries, Erial, N.J., has been awarded a patent for its D-600 and D-800 Accu-Pak vertical compactors.
MERGER * Partners Recycling Services, Baltimore, Md., has purchased a Glass ColorSort System from MSS Inc., Nashville, Tenn., to sort mixed color broken glass.
NEW FACILITY * Environmental Resources Management, has been commissioned by the United Kingdom Department for International Development to develop a sustainable development plan for the Pirapama Basin area in Brazil.
NEW NAME * Eastern Environmental Services Inc., Mt. Laurel, N.J., has completed tuck-in acquisitions of Ardonia Refuse Services Inc., C.T. Iuliano Inc., Marangi Brothers Inc., Pucillo Disposal Services Inc. and P&D Industries of South Florida Inc., totaling annualized revenues of approximately $29 million.
The tuck-ins will be integrated into Eastern's existing operations in Florida, New Jersey and New York.
SALE * Missouri's 20 solid waste management districts are eligible for $3.4 million in grant funding for fiscal year 1999 from the Missouri Department of Natural Resources (DNR). Contact DNR's Solid Waste Management Program at: (573) 751-5401.
* The National Recycling Coalition, Alexandria, Va., has received a $50,000 grant from the Citicorp Foundation and a $35,000 grant from the Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation to support its Sustainable Jobs Fund.
* Link Interactive, a corporate and community website developer, has launched the Global Business Website, www.gbw.net
* Shred-Tech, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada: www.shred-tech.com
* Waste Management, Houston, has added "Waste Management Commodities Exchange," a new recycling website to bid for commodities as well as submit offers on items to sell: www.wastemanagement.com/recycle
* The Washington State Department of Ecology, Olympia, Wash.: http://1800recycle.wa.gov
* Quality Digest ISO 9000-Registered Companies Database: www.qualitydigest.com
* Pall Corp., Port Washington, N.Y.: www.pall.com
* Hendrikson International, Woodbridge, Ill.: www.hendrikson-intl.com
* Hi-Rise Recycling Systems Inc., Miami, Fla., has completed its merger with Bes-Pac Inc., Easley, S.C.
* Bering Truck Corp., Front Royal, Va., has broken ground on its Front Royal Assembly and Manufacturing facility, which is scheduled to be completed by fourth quarter 1999.
* Ross-Martin, Tulsa, Okla., has changed its name to Corporate Express Recruitment Advertising Services.
* Erin Screens, Portland, Maine, has changed its name to Erin Systems Inc. It can be reached at 41 Evergreen Dr., Portland, ME 04103. Phone: (207) 878-3661. Fax: (207) 878-3674.
SUIT * Earth Systems Inc., Charlottesville, Va., has changed its name to earthsystems.org, a non-profit 501C(3) organization which designs and hosts a worldwide computing network for nonprofit environmental organizations. Information about the organization is available at http://earthsystems.org
* Plastic Omnium Zarn, Reidsville, N.C., has announced the sale and delivery of 13,000 3390R carts to Panama City, Fla., for the city's new automated collection system.
* TransCor Waste Services Inc., Tampa, Fla., has announced the sale of its Jacksonville, Fla.-area waste collection and recycling operation assets, as well as the assets of its Miami front- and rear-load commercial waste and recycling businesses to Eastern Environmental Services for $11.6 million.
* The National Solid Wastes Management Association, Washington, D.C., the Waste Management Association of New Jersey and four waste services companies have filed a lawsuit against Burlington County, N.J.