ACQUISITIONS * Stericycle Inc., Lake Forest, Ill., has acquired the assets of Environmental Guardian Inc., Waukesha, Wis., and Foster Environmental Service Corp., adding an expected total annual revenue of $800,000.
* Waste Connections Inc., Roseville, Calif., has acquired 13 businesses with annualized revenues of approximately $20 million. The companies include a new market entry in central Kansas, two landfills and several tuck-in acquisitions.
* IESI Corp., Haltom City, Texas, has acquired two landfills, two transfer stations and two collection operations from Waste Management Inc., Houston, for a purchase price of $65 million.
AGREEMENTS * RRT Design and Construction, Melville, N.Y., has been selected to provide engineering and construction services for the materials recovery facility (MRF) and feedstock preparation facility at the Orange Recycling and Ethanol Production Facility to be built in Middletown, N.Y.
* Eckenfelder/Brown and Caldwell, Pleasant Hill, Calif., has been selected to provide International Specialty Products (ISP), Oakland, Calif., with environmental management services for their facilities throughout the United States.
* Corporations Supporting Recycling (CSR), Toronto, Ontario, Canada, has assumed responsibility for championing packaging and solid waste issues nationally on behalf of the member companies of the Food and Consumer Products Manufacturers of Canada (FCPMC), Don Mills, Ontario, Canada.
ANNIVERSARIES * Navistar International Transportation Corp., Chicago, announces its 50th anniversary.
* Bacharach Inc., Pittsburgh, announces its 90th anniversary.
ANNOUNCEMENTS * Plastic Omnium Zarn, Reidsville, N.C., announces the sale of nearly 8,000 95-gallon and 65-gallon CityCart curbside carts to the city of Santa Maria, Calif. Also, the city of Hammond, Ind., purchased 22,000 CityCart 3390R carts and 6,000 3365 carts.
* SemiCycle Foundation, Austin, and the SMT Centre of Texas announce the donation of $5,000 to the Pediatric AIDS League, Austin.
* The Waste Equipment Technology Association (WASTEC), Washington, D.C., announces its new members: Henning Associates, Longboat Key, Fla.; Shu-Pak Equipment Inc., Waterloo, Ontario, Canada; UltraCart Inc., Harborcreek, Pa.; Quality Recycling, Horse Shoe, N.C.; Paradigm Software, Glen Arm, Md.; and Roll-Off of America Inc., Durant, Okla.
* Roy F. Weston Inc., West Chester, Pa., has announced the formation of a High Hazard Business Group.
* Bridgestone/Firestone Off Road Tire Co., Nashville, Tenn., has earned Partner Supplier Status from John Deere Davenport Works, Davenport, Iowa.
* The Chelsea Power Take-Off Manufacturing Center, Olive Branch, Miss., a division of the Dana Corp., Toledo, Ohio, has been awarded a 1999 Mississippi Quality Award of Excellence.
* The website of the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries Inc., Washington, D.C., [www.isri.org] has received the Worldfest Flagstaff Silver Award in the Flagstaff International Film Festival, held in Flagstaff, Ariz.
CLARIFICATION * Waste Age inadvertently mispelled Bes-Pac's name in the People section of its June 1999 issue, page 122. We regret the error.
CONTRACTS * Great Dane Trailers, Savannah, Ga., has contracted Hendrickson Trailer Suspension Systems, Canton, Ohio, as its standard air-ride suspension supplier for Great Dane trailers.
* Radian International, Austin, Texas, and The Lebanese Company for the Development and Reconstruction of Beirut Central District (SOLIDERE), Beirut, Lebanon, have announced a $53 million contract agreement for the reclamation of the former Normandy Landfill site in Beirut.
Newco Waste Systems, Monrovia, Calif., was awarded an eight-year residential refuse and recycling collection contract for the city of Monrovia.
* Asche Transportation Services Inc., Shannon, Ill., was awarded a contract to transport solid waste for Republic Silver State Disposal Inc., Las Vegas.
GRANT * NaturTech Composting Systems Inc., St. Cloud, Minn., was awarded a $20,000 federal grant to facilitate a technology transfer of the NaturTech Composting System to Taiwan-based Taiwan Technology Enterprises (TaiTech).
INTERNET * Betzdearborn, Trevose, Pa.: www.betzdearborn.com
* Bes-Pac, Easley, S.C.: www.bes-pac.com
* The Tire Retread Information Bureau, Pacific Grove, Calif.: www.retread.org
* Environmental Resources Management (ERM): www.erm.com
NEW NAME * Eaton Corp., Kalamazoo, Mich., has changed the name of its Spicer clutch products to Eaton Fuller Clutch.
* Presona Inc., Waco, Texas, has changed its name to Scanrec Inc.
* KDC Financial, Downers Grove, Ill., has changed its name to Komatsu Financial Limited Partnership.
NEW OFFICE * The city of Toledo, Ohio, Department of Parks, Recreation and Forestry has moved to a new office. The address is 6 Main St., Toledo, OH 43605.
* United Recycling Industries, Aurora, Ill., has moved its headquarters to West Chicago, Ill.
* Tahoma Companies Inc., Cedar City, Utah has moved its office to P.O. Box 486, Cedar City, UT 84720.