NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the written comment period for the proposed rule of the Department of Sanitation that would establish requirements for carters operating in commercial waste zones published in the City Record on December 18, 2020 has been extended from January 26, 2021 until February 9, 2021.
When and where is the hearing? DSNY will hold a public hearing on the proposed rule. The public hearing will take place via Webex at 9:30 am on January 26, 2021 using the following link: https://departmentofsanitationnewyork.my.webex.com/departmentofsanitationnewyork.my/j.php?MTID=m0afd0e91b79cb71ecaf7841a4461e3ee
Meeting number: 132 125 9401
Password: CWZ2021 (2992021 from phones and video systems)
Join by video system
You can also dial 184.108.40.206 and enter your meeting number.
Join by phone
+1-408-418-9388 United States Toll
Access code: 132 125 9401
How do I comment on the proposed rules? Anyone can comment on the proposed rules by:
• Website. You can submit comments to DSNY through the NYC rules website at http://rules.cityofnewyork.us
• Email. You can email comments to email@example.com
• Mail. You can mail comments to DSNY, Bureau of Legal Affairs, 125 Worth Street, Room 710, New York, NY 10013.
• Fax. You can fax comments to DSNY at 212-788-3876.
• By speaking at the hearing. Anyone who wants to comment on the proposed rule at the public hearing must sign up to speak. You can sign up before the hearing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by January 25, 2021 at 5:00 P.M. While you will be given the opportunity during the hearing to indicate that you would like to provide comments, we prefer that you sign up in advance. You can speak for up to three minutes.
Is there a deadline to submit comments? Comments will be due to the Department of Sanitation by February 9, 2021.
What if I need assistance to participate in the hearing? You must tell the Office of Legal Affairs if you need a reasonable accommodation of a disability at the hearing. You must tell us if you need a sign language interpreter. You can tell us by mail at the address given above. You may also tell us by telephone at (646) 885-5006. Advance notice is requested to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. Please tell us by January 19, 2021.
This location has the following accessibility option(s) available: Simultaneous transcription for people who are deaf or hard of hearing and Audio only access.
Can I review the comments made on the proposed rules? You can review the comments made online on the proposed rules by going to the website at http://rules.cityofnewyork.us/. Copies of all comments submitted online, copies of all written comments, and a summary of oral comments concerning the proposed rule will be made available to the public on DSNY’s website.