A fire in Sarasota Springs, Utah that began on Saturday, Jan. 9 was large enough to be seen "from miles away."
Peck Rock & Products is the owner and operator of the private landfill that caught fire.
Sarasota Springs Fire & Rescue warned residents to stay away from the area, saying: "the fire is under control, but may smolder for the next few days. The Saratoga Springs Fire Department will monitor the fire until it is completely out. Citizens should continue to avoid the area."
The cause of the fire has not been made public.
Read the complete article here.