The Republic Services Charitable Foundation announced that it has awarded 24 National Neighborhood Promise grants for 2020, which will fund neighborhood revitalization projects around the country in areas where Republic Services customers and employees live and work.
Projects include renovations to local schools and community centers that provide healthy and safe spaces for youth, home repairs for veterans and seniors and beautification efforts including landscaping and garden beds in public spaces.
"Through our Charitable Foundation, Republic Services is committed to making a meaningful impact in the communities we serve," said CEO Donald W. Slager in a statement. "Our employees care deeply about making their neighborhoods stronger, and we are proud to partner with organizations that are enhancing safety and stability in local areas around the country."
The Republic Services Charitable Foundation launched the National Neighborhood Promise program in late 2018, partnering with select nonprofit organizations to directly support neighborhood revitalization work. The foundation supports these efforts through granted funds, donated products and services and volunteer opportunities for employees.
In 2020, the foundation is providing grants ranging from $20,000 to $250,000 to 24 community partners. The projects in total are estimated to benefit more than 800,000 residents.
- Alabama: Community Action Partnership of North Alabama, Decatur
- Arizona: Rebuilding Together Valley of the Sun, Phoenix
- California: Rebuilding Together Peninsula, Daly City
- California: San Diego Habitat for Humanity
- Georgia: Rebuilding Together Atlanta
- Georgia: Coastal Empire Habitat for Humanity, Savannah
- Illinois: Rebuilding Together Metro Chicago
- Iowa: Habitat for Humanity Quad Cities (project: Moline, Ill.)
- Kentucky: Community Ventures Corp., Lexington
- Kentucky: New Directions Housing Corp., Louisville
- Louisiana: Rebuilding Together New Orleans
- Massachusetts: The Neighborhood Developers, Revere
- Michigan: Dwelling Place of Grand Rapids
- Michigan: Habitat for Humanity of Oakland County, Pontiac
- Minnesota: Rebuilding Together Twin Cities
- Missouri: Rebuilding Together St. Louis
- Nevada: Rebuilding Together Southern Nevada, Las Vegas
- North Carolina: Charlotte-Mecklenburg Housing Partnership
- Ohio: CHN Housing Partners, Cleveland
- Ohio: Rebuilding Together Dayton
- Oregon: Rebuilding Together Portland
- Tennessee: Rebuilding Together Nashville
- Texas: Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity
- Texas: Avenue Community Development Corp., Houston
These efforts support Republic's long-term charitable giving sustainability goal to positively impact 20 million people by 2030.