Waste360 is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

U.S. Micro Opens E-Waste Recycling Facility in Las Vegas

Information technology (IT) recycler U.S. Micro Corp. has opened a $20 million recycling and distribution center in Las Vegas.

The Smyrma, Ga.-based Micro said in a news release that the 130,000 sq.-ft. facility enables the company to offer customers a closed-loop process, from the securing of retired IT equipment and data destruction at the customer's site to reselling or recycling.

U.S. Micro said it expects a rapid increase in demand for data destruction and electronics recycling across the $5 billion U.S. industry. The company disposes of more than one million pieces of IT equipment annually and claims to have not had any data breaches.

The company refurbishes and sells approximately 90 percent of the IT equipment it processes; the remaining 10 percent is recycled.


Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.