WasteExpo, North America's largest solid waste, recycling and organics industry event, returns to Las Vegas June 6-9, 2016. The education conference program, developed in collaboration with the National Waste & Recycling Association (NWRA), will focus on the most innovative advances and ideas in waste management.
“We’re dedicated to creating a must-attend event, and this year's offerings are really exciting,” Waste360 Vice President Mark Hickey says. “Everyone who comes will get expert insights from industry leaders, they’ll take part in compelling forums on hot-button issues and trends and of course they’ll experience the top-notch technology and products in our exhibit hall.”
Highlights of the education program include:
- Composting & Organics Recycling: The new directions in organics management and food waste diversion and lessons learned to date.
- The Food Recovery Forum: A new education program designed to complement the Composting & Organics Recycling program.
- Recycling/Resource Recovery: Learn about the latest technologies used in new MRF’s along with paper, plastic, and electronic recycling trends and markets.
- Safety: This year’s Safety Super Session focuses on how organizations can build a safety culture to eliminate needless accidents and injuries in collection and post collection activities.
- Leadership/Business Development/Finance: This year’s sessions highlight the tools and resources to identify, develop, and retain talent, new labor laws and impacts to employers, how to capitalize and grow your business and so much more.
- Regulatory: What will the new NSPS rules from the EPA mean for landfill operations and how to effectively negotiate municipal contracts for a win/win.
- Fleet and Equipment Technology: As fleet and equipment technologies expand, learn about fleet management tools including CNG vehicle maintenance, purchasing versus leasing fleet and equipment, and how well big data is helping organizations effectively manage routes and increase ROI.
- Landfill Technologies/Best Practices: This year’s sessions focus on the challenges and opportunities of operating landfills, leachate management, and bioreactors at landfills.
- Hauling: Informative sessions include a mid-sized haulers panel, automated collections, and driver recruitment and retention tools and resources.
Waste360 is owned by Penton, an information services company that empowers nearly 20 million business decision makers in markets that drive more than $12 trillion in purchases each year. Waste360 will partner with two other Penton brands, Supermarket News and Nation’s Restaurant News, to co-market, deliver new content and expand WasteExpo to reach a wider audience.
For more information and to register to attend WasteExpo, please visit WasteExpo.com.
Media interested in obtaining media credentials to attend WasteExpo, contact Meredith Fortunato, Meredith.email@example.com