WasteExpo, North America’s largest solid waste, recycling and organics industry event, kicks off today in Las Vegas and runs through Thursday, April 26. This popular conference and tradeshow features more than 600 exhibitors and will welcome an expected 13,000 participants for this annual industry reunion.
“We are very excited about this year’s WasteExpo, where we are celebrating 50 years of not just the show but this innovative and exceptional industry that is our home—and 2018 is poised to be our biggest event yet!” says Waste360 Vice President Mark Hickey.
This year’s event puts technology and innovation front and center and features topic areas including:
- Innovation & Advancement
- Application & Implementation
- Rules, Regs and Policies
- Business Acumen & Insights
- Waste 101
- Composting & Organics Recycling
- Food Recovery Forum
The Food Recovery Forum is back by popular demand for its third year, focusing on efforts and solutions that reduce, rescue and recover food waste. Presentations will feature successful initiatives, model programs and case studies that showcase the forward-thinking learning that is making waves in this increasingly important arena. A Zero Waste Certified Training Course is also being offered.
Also returning are the free Spotlight sessions, which are open to all attendees. These sessions allow everyone to explore how trends, technology, food waste/recovery and family-owned businesses are impacting the waste, recycling and organics industry.
Additional highlights throughout the course of the show include these favorites:
- A live-stream conference session titled “China's Import Regulations - Where Do We Stand?” on April 23 from 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. PT. WasteExpo participants and Waste360 readers can watch this timely session live on WasteExpo’s Facebook page.
- The National Waste & Recycling Association’s (NWRA) Awards Breakfast, which will take place on Tuesday, April 24 from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. PT. The awards presented will include Driver of the Year, Operator of the Year, Distinguished Service and the Chapter Leadership Award. See the industry's brightest stars honored!
- A fireside chat with Jim Fish, president and CEO of Waste Management, will be held on Tuesday, April 24 from 10:15 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. PT. He will share his perspective on where we stand as an industry, what significant challenges we face and where the industry might be headed.
- Silent and live auctions hosted by the Environmental Research and Education Foundation (EREF). Since 1995, the auction has raised more than $18 million to further EREF’s mission to fund and direct scientific research and educational initiatives for waste management practices.
- The Waste360/Stifel Financial Investor Summit in its sixth year. This unique day of learning and analysis, taking place on April 23, provides attendees with insights into the factors influencing the behavior of operating companies. Michael E. Hoffman, a 28-year Wall Street veteran, will interview the senior leadership of the premier public and private companies in solid waste, industrial waste and energy waste. Big thinking, big returns!
- Mack Trucks' Ride & Drive will be held on April 24 and 25 from 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. PT. Attendees can test drive one of Mack's refuse trucks and see how its design was inspired by its customers' desire for the best truck for their operations, with superior maneuverability, visibility and ergonomics.
All in all, WasteExpo’s 50th anniversary event promises a jam-packed few days of cutting-edge thinking, valuable takeaways and profitable networking in Las Vegas!
For more information, please visit WasteExpo.com.