WasteExpo, North America’s largest solid waste, recycling and organics industry event, begins today in Las Vegas and runs through Thursday, May 9. This much-anticipated conference and tradeshow features more than 600 exhibitors and will welcome an expected 14,000 participants for this annual industry reunion.
“Welcome to WasteExpo! For more than 50 years, WasteExpo has helped usher in more significant innovations than any other event. As you’ll see, the future is here, and we’re glad you’re part of it,” says Mark Hickey, Waste360 vice president. “Go see the products and solutions from 600-plus exhibitors, sharpen your skills in the Conference Program and enjoy the many special events. Connections are waiting to be made, and you’ll love doing business here … Oh, and have some fun, too!”
WasteExpo 2019 has a lot in store for attendees to expand their industry knowledge, including a plethora of new and exciting education sessions, forums and events.
- Nothing Wasted! Talks: With Nothing Wasted!, you’ll experience an open forum for new ideas. This new series of sessions will deliver inspired talks from a wide array of thought leaders and visionaries.
- Waste360 Business Growth Forum: Waste360’s Business Growth Forum is designed for small and midsized environmental services companies looking for business and financial strategies that go beyond day-to-day operations. Structure and strategy are two of the most important factors in running a successful business, and in this half-day seminar, you will gain access to insights, tools and resources to take your business to the next level.
- Spanish Super Session: This new, free education course is designed for Spanish-speaking attendees. This course will be divided into two parts. The first segment will focus on the topic of landfills, and the second segment will cover the topics of recycling and sustainability.
The Food Recovery Forum is back by popular demand, focusing on efforts and solutions that reduce, rescue and recover food waste. Presentations will focus on successful initiatives and model programs to educate attendees and help expand the significant efforts being undertaken to reduce food waste and increase food recovery for beneficial reuse.
Also returning are the free Spotlight sessions, which are open to all attendees. These sessions allow everyone to explore how trends, technology, food waste/recovery and family-owned businesses are impacting the waste, recycling and organics industry.
- The Waste360/Stifel Financial Investor Summit is being held on May 6. This unique day of learning and analysis provides attendees with insights into the factors influencing the behavior of operating companies. Michael E. Hoffman, a 29-year Wall Street veteran, will interview the senior leadership of the premier public and private companies in solid waste, industrial waste and energy waste.
- The National Waste & Recycling Association’s (NWRA) Awards Breakfast will take place on Tuesday, May 7 from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. PT. The awards presented will include Driver of the Year, Operator of the Year, Hall of Fame, Distinguished Service, Member of the Year and the Chapter Leadership Award.
- A one-on-one chat with Bill Caesar, CEO of WCA Waste Corporation, will be held on Tuesday, May 7 from 10:15 a.m. to 11 a.m. PT. He will share his perspective on where we stand as an industry, what significant challenges we face and where the industry might be headed.
- Two live-stream conference sessions on Tuesday, May 7, including a one-on-one CEO chat with Bill Caesar 10:15 a.m. to 11 a.m. PT and “Reducing Food Waste and Increasing Organics Recovery in Municipal, Regional, and Commercial Programs” from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. PT. WasteExpo participants and Waste360 readers can watch this timely session live on WasteExpo’s Facebook page.
- Silent and live auctions hosted by the Environmental Research & Education Foundation (EREF), which is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year. Since 1994, the auction has raised more than $19 million to further EREF’s mission to fund and direct scientific research and educational initiatives for waste management practices.
- WasteExpo half-day workshops on safety, zero waste, recycling and food waste are taking place Thursday, May 9 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- A new Public Sector Reception was created to welcome public sector attendees and help them connect with their peers and experts from cities and states from around the country on May 7 from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
All in all, WasteExpo 2019 promises to be a memorable event filled with valuable takeaways, profitable networking and, of course, fun in Las Vegas!
For more information, please visit WasteExpo.com.