Did you know that ordering a pizza is now as simple as texting Domino’s a pizza emoji? It’s true. And it’s just one example of companies, across all industries, using text messaging to simplify the ordering experience for customers, streamline their own operations, and ultimately, boost their bottom line. In fact, text message ordering is already being applied in the waste and recycling industry with Text-To-Order for roll-off haulers.
The Value of Text Messaging
Sometimes, something as simple as automated text messages can have a huge impact for haulers and their customers:
- Happy customers means repeat customers
Text-To-Order helps the hauler-generator relationship in a number of ways and can strengthen customer loyalty and generate new customers:
– Speed & Ease-of-Use: Generators can place or confirm an order in seconds. The best part is, this isn’t some complicated technology or a new tool customers need to learn - it’s just text messaging from their cell phone.
– 24/7/365 Ordering & Immediate Confirmation: Generators are no longer limited to ordering service strictly during their hauler’s business hours. The automated texting process lets your customers submit orders whenever they’re ready and instantly be notified that their order is being processed.
– Reminders & Prompts: Generators are usually busy, and sometimes they’re not even at the same site as their container - meaning ordering service isn’t always top of mind. With automated text reminders, haulers help customers remove one more task from their long list of responsibilities.
– Improved Safety: With reminders and simple text ordering, generators can always have container capacity resulting in cleaner, tidier sites.
- Faster container turns means more revenue opportunity
Right now, our customer data suggests that it takes roughly three days for a container to fill, but nine days for that same container to be called in for service. Prompts, reminders and a simple text-to-order process help haulers close that gap by turning containers up to 60% faster. This maximizes the revenue each container can provide.
- Reduced inbound call volume means saving time and money
Our customers say that each customer service call they receive costs them roughly $2-5 to answer. With automated text ordering, haulers can reduce the number of incoming order calls and improve customer service, all while reducing their operational costs.
Getting Started with Automated Text Ordering
All it takes to start receiving customers orders and send reminders via text is to set up your customer’s information through a web-based software and it’s ready to go.
Step 1 - Quick Setup
Enter customer phone number in Compology
Step 2 - Receive Service Request via Text
Customer inbound text automatically creates a work order/service request in Compology’s software
Step 3 - Dispatch
Dispatch via Compology (or a software of your choice)
Combining Text-To-Order with Compology's image-based sensors enables haulers to automatically prompt customers to schedule service based on actual container fullness, making it even more likely for a customer to schedule pickups faster.
Whether it’s implementing text messaging or using another tool to simplify operations, haulers must continuously be looking for ways to reduce costs, maximize container utilization to boost revenue and improve customer satisfaction.