The Drexel Food Lab, Center for Food and Hospitality Management at Drexel University together with colleagues from LeBow College of Business & School of Biomedical Engr’g have been engaged in research projects regarding consumer acceptance of value-added surplus food products, which otherwise would have been wasted. Hear the origins of this research and results of three consumer studies: labeling and price sensitivity to upcycled foods, cook from frozen trials, and certifications for recovered foods. Guidelines for manufacturers & retailers will be discussed.
Speakers: Dr. Jonathan Deutsch, Professor, Center for Food & Hospitality Mgm’t & Dep’t of Nutrition Sciences, Drexel Univ.
A panel discussion among upcycled food entrepreneurs follows the research presentation
- Kait Bowdler, Director of Sustainability, Philabundance
- James Bello, Co-Founder, Shameless Pets
- Anna Hammond, CEO/Founder, Matriark Foods
- Mike Oraschewsky, Chief Executive Boar, TBJ
- Daniel Kurzrock, Co-Founder/Chief Grain Officer, Regrained