You know an odor has to be bad to make garbage workers nauseous. But that's exactly what happened recently on the Hawaiian island of Kauai. According to KITV-TV, the victims were two three-man crews working in the towns of Puhi and Hanapepe. Paramedics were called to treat the six workers, and one had to be taken to a local hospital.
"Although we don’t yet know the source of the foul odor, we want to remind the public not to put any hazardous waste in their trash for curbside collection," Troy Tanigawa of Kauai's Public Works Department told KITV-TV. "Proper disposal methods should be used."