A Very, Very Hot Pocket

Many a disillusioned bachelor has surely looked down at his freshly microwaved frozen meal and seriously considered depositing it directly in the trash. But down that road lies disaster!

Microwaved food dropped in a trashcan is thought by firefighters to have sparked a recent blaze at a Winston-Salem, N.C., home. After chucking the unidentified smoldering foodstuff, the homeowner walked outside, at which point the trash caught fire, causing an estimated $18,000 to $20,000 in damage.

This confirms what is common knowledge among most college students: That the contents of a properly heated Hot Pocket are literally hotter than the surface of the Sun.

SOURCE: WXII 12 Winston-Salem

TAGS: Safety