You may think that that moldering, half-eaten burrito you've been carefully neglecting in the break room fridge is no big deal. But you're wrong. Dead wrong.
An office worker in the AT&T building in San Jose, Calif., tried to be a hero and clean the break room fridge. The unplugged refrigerator was packed with rotten lunches. That stench, combined with fumes from the chemicals she was using to scrub the fouled appliance, elicited a call to 911. Firefighters evacuated the building and a hazmat team was summoned. Seven co-workers wound up in the hospital and 28 people had to be treated for vomiting and nausea. Conveniently, the good Samaritan was fine, as her sense of smell had been incapacitated due to allergies.
For God's sake, send those people some baking soda!
SOURCE: Associated Press