Work for a positive future.
Work for outstanding rewards.
Work for what could be the world's most vital company.
The NEW Waste Management
The NEW Waste Management is the premier organization dedicated to environmental stewardship. With divisions covering everything from recycling commodities to eveloping new, innovative power sources, our diverse opportunities give new meaning to rewarding outcomes for us all.
Be a part of the nation's premier environmental services company and use your strong people skills...
* ....as you provide daily supervision and direction over landfill crews to ensure proper fill activity, sequencing, grading and quality customer service.
* Working with the Operations and District Managers you will be responsible for evaluating the site and service requirements in order to develop an operational plan. Responsibilities also include implementing the plans and layout of daily and weekly operations and project procedures regarding the receiving and proper disposal of waste including solidification, ADC, special waste and asbestos;
* Assisting in the development of site employees including Heavy Equipment Operator, Collectors, Utility Operators and Site Maintenance personnel;
* Inspecting equipment to ensure maintenance and safety standards are being met;
* Conducting operations within environmental, health and safety regulations and guidelines; and performing weekly employee training and site inspections.
* You will also need to be able to respond to and investigate accidents and injuries and participate in Union negotiations when necessary.
To qualify, you must have a valid California driver's license (Class C), minimum 5 years experience in landfill/solid waste operations and at least 2 years in a supervisory capacity. Demonstrated leadership, problem solving and time management skills are required. High school diploma or GED and strong written/verbal communication abilities are a must. Some college is preferred; management/supervisory courses a plus.
Waste Management offers outstanding benefits, competitive salaries and opportunities for advancement.
To be considered for this position, you must FAX your resume to: 510-613-8755.
Please do not email or use the apply online feature.
Waste Management is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.