The Air & Waste Management Association (A&WMA) has issued a call for abstracts for the International Conference on Thermal Treatment Technologies and Hazardous Waste Combustors, being held May 17-20, 2010, in San Francisco.
According to a press release, the conference will gather industry professionals to solve difficult waste management, resource conservation and energy recovery challenges.
A&WMA is seeking abstracts for presentations containing new information about the thermal treatment of radioactive, hazardous chemical, mixed, munitions, medical/pharmaceutical, municipal, and industrial wastes. Suggested topics for abstracts include:
• Specific applications of thermal treatment technologies
• Operational issues
• Government and regulatory policy issues
• Hazardous waste combustor MACT rule
• Research and development
• Alternatives to incineration
• Alternative energy, greenhouse gas reduction and carbon credits
Abstracts of 250 words or less must be submitted via the online abstract management system by Nov. 2, 2009. Authors will be notified of acceptance by Dec. 9, 2009. For more information, click here.