ACQUISITIONS * IPS Balers Inc., Baxley, Ga., has purchased all the assets of International Press and Shear Corp., a wholly owned subsidiary of Waste Technology Corp., Jacksonville, Fla. The acquisition includes the firm's manufacturing facility in Baxley, as well as all patents and machine designs.
* Italy-based Interpump Group S.p.A. has acquired 85 percent of the outstanding shares of stock of Muncie Power Products Inc., Muncie, Ind., creating one of the largest Power Take-off (PTO) manufacturing and distribution companies in the world.
* Camp Dresser and McKee Inc., Cambridge, Mass., has acquired The Consulting Group Inc., Lexington, Mass.
* ProCycle Inc., Ft. Worth, Texas, a collector and recycler of used oil and oil waste products in the Southwest, has purchased the assets of Portawash Systems Inc., Houston.
* American Safety Insurance Group, Hamilton, Bermuda, has acquired the stock of L&W Holdings Inc., and its subsidiary RCA Syndicate #1, an Illinois-licensed insurance carrier. American Safety also has acquired the stock of Principal Management Inc., an insurance program development and management group based in Okemos, Mich.
AGREEMENT * Hyundai Construction Equipment, Elk Grove Village, Ill., announces that Con-Equip Inc., Houston, has signed on as a dealer.
ANNOUNCEMENTS * Marathon Equipment Co., Vernon, Ala., announces its launch into the conveyor market. The company has purchased a manufacturing facility in Fayette, Ala.
* Southeastern Public Service Authority, Chesapeake, Va., announces it has been selected to be part of an advisory panel for King County in suburban Washington, D.C., as the county examines new waste disposal options.
* Peterbilt Motors Co., Denton, Texas, announces it received a top ranking in the J.D. Power and Associates Product 1999 Medium Duty Truck Customer Satisfaction Study in the conventional medium-duty truck segment category.
* Nissan Diesel America Inc. (NDA), Irving, Texas, and Mickey Truck Body Co., High Point, N.C., have announced a Road Ready Program for light and medium duty UD truck customers through NDA's 135 U.S. dealers.
* Navistar International Corp., Chicago, announces it has aligned its business groups under the International brand and has introduced a new logo.
* Phillipi-Hagenbuch Inc., Peoria, Ill., announces it is celebrating its 30th anniversary in off-highway truck attachment manufacturing.
* Endres Processing LLC, Rosemont, Minn., announces it has resolved air-quality and solid waste violations by completing corrective actions required by a St. Paul, Minn.-based Minnesota Pollution Control Agency Penalty Order and paying a $3,250 fine.
CERTIFICATION * Hendrickson, Woodbridge, Ill., announces its Charlotte, N.C., Customer Excellence Center has achieved QS-9000 certification.
CORRECTIONS * In the December issue of Waste Age on page 88, East Manufacturing's phone and fax numbers listed an incorrect area code. The correct phone number is (330) 325-9921 and the fax number is (330) 325-7851.
* In Profiles in Garbage: Corrugated Boxes in Waste Age's December issue on pages 18-19, the tonnage data on the charts should have been expressed in thousands of tons instead of millions. Also, both charts should have been attributed to industry data. The heading on the chart on page 19 should read, "Percent Recycled" rather than "Percentage of MSW." Waste Age apologizes for the errors.
INTERNET * The National Safety Council, Itasca, Ill., has launched a website for safety, health and environmental professionals: www. crossroads.nsc.org
NEW LOCATION * Camp Dresser and McKee Inc., Cambridge, Mass., has moved to One Cambridge Place, 50 Hampshire St., Cambridge, Mass. 02139. Phone: (617) 452-6000 or toll-free (800) 243-2677. Fax: (617) 452-8000.
RFPs The National Association for PET Container Resources (NAPCOR), Charlotte, N.C., is requesting proposals for the 2000 grant cycle. Grants are designed to fund projects that increase the collection and recycling of PET plastic containers, as well as increase residential curbside or drop-off collection of custom (non-beverage) PET bottles and jars. A complete request for proposals (RFP) can be viewed on NAPCOR's website: www.napcor.com