If a genie rose from a bottle on your tip floor, what would you request? Jerry Martin, general manager of Eco-Cycle Processing Center, Boulder, Colo.; Kevin McCarthy, region recycling manager for Waste Management of Alameda County, San Leandro, Calif.; Terry Horst, operations manager for Minnkota Recycling, Fargo, N.D.; and Patrick Carroll, assistant director for recycling for the Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County, West Palm Beach, Fla., had these requests:
* More tip floor, more tip floor, more tip floor;
* The ability to redesign the facility based on what I know now, rather than what I knew when we built this one;
* Higher commodity prices;
* Space and equipment for composting;
* More local markets;
* Less fluctuation in the market; and
* Expansion into other services like document destruction and product manufacturing.