- The Netherlands recycles 75 percent of its C&D materials and will require a 100 percent C&D recycling rate by the end of this year.
- In North America, C&D debris makes up approximately 25 percent to 45 percent of the waste stream.
- Less than 25 percent of North American C&D debris is recycled.
- The North American concrete and asphalt recycling industry is fragmented. Fewer than five of the 1,000 North American concrete and asphalt recycling companies own more than five concrete and asphalt recycling plants.
- No government agency or association tracks the number of C&D recycling plants, the number of tons of C&D North Americans recycle or the amount of revenue the C&D industry produces.
Source: Construction Materials Recycling Association (CMRA), Lisle, III