* Ohio: "materials resulting from the alteration, construction, destruction, rehabilitation or repair of any man-made physical structure, including, without limitation, houses, buildings, industrial or commercial facilities, or roadways. C&D debris does not include materials identified or listed as solid wastes, infectious wastes, or hazardous wastes pursuant to Chapter 3734 of the [Ohio] Revised Code and rules adopted under it; or materials from mining operations, nontoxic fly ash, spent nontoxic foundry sand, and slag; or reinforced or non-reinforced concrete, asphalt, building or paving brick, or building or paving stone that is stored for a period of less than two years for recycling into a usable construction material."
* New York and New Hampshire: "uncontaminated solid waste resulting from the construction, remodeling, repair and demolition of utilities, structures and roads; and uncontaminated solid waste consisting of vegetation resulting from land clearing and grubbing, utility line maintenance and seasonal and storm-related clean-up. Such waste includes ... concrete and other masonry materials, soil, rock, wood, wall coverings, plaster, drywall, plumbing fixtures, non-asbestos insulation, roofing shingles, and other roof coverings, asphaltic pavement, glass, plastics that are not sealed in a manner that conceals other wastes, electrical wiring and components containing no hazardous liquids, and pipe and metals that are incidental to any of the above."
* Massachusetts: "the building materials and rubble resulting from the construction, remodeling, repair or demolition of buildings, pavements, roads. C&D waste includes, but is not limited to, concrete, bricks, lumber, masonry, road paving material, rebar and plaster."
* California: "includes solid wastes such as building materials; and packaging and rubble resulting from construction, remodeling, repair and demolition operations on pavements, houses, commercial buildings, and other structures."
* the EPA: "waste that is generated from the construction, renovation, repair, and demolition of structures such as residential and commercial buildings, roads, and bridges. Overall, C&D waste is composed mainly of wood products, asphalt, drywall, and masonry; other components often present in significant quantities include metals, plastics, earth, shingles, insulation, and paper and cardboard."
* Aeromix Systems Inc. Manufactures the Toronado Surface Aspirating Aerator for treatment of landfill leachate. Contact: Linda MacFarlane, 2611 N. Second St., Minneapolis, Minn. 55411. (800) 879-3677. Fax: (612) 521-1455.
* Airspace Saver Daily Cover. Alternate daily landfill cover tarps for the working face of the landfills. Contact: Marlon Yarborough, 37108 Easley Melancon Road, Prairieville, La. 70769. (800) 694-5515. Fax: (504) 673-6695. Reference: Waste Management/Piedmont Landfill. Contact: Bill Lewis, 9900 Freeman Rd., Kernersville, N.C. 27284. (910) 595-6677.
* The C.H. Hanson Co., Protective Fabric Division. Interim and alternate daily landfill covers, containment liners, landfill and remediation liners and geotextiles field installation services. Contact: Larry Krull, 3630 North Wolf Rd., Franklin Park, Ill. 60131. (800) 837-3398. Fax: (800) 827-5834.
* DeLoach Industries Inc. Aerators, degasifiers and odor control clarifiers. Contact: Bill DeLoach, 818 Cattlemen Rd., Sarasota, Fla. 34232. (941) 371-4995. Fax: (941) 377-2649.
* New Waste Concepts Inc. Alternative daily soil covers. Contact: James E. Offer, 7401 Fremont Pike, Ste. 10, Perrysburg, Ohio 43551. (800) 359-2783. Fax: (419) 837-2692.
* North American Green. Erosion Control Blankets. Contact: Jim Nie-meier, 14649 Highway 41 North, Evansville, Ind. 47711. (812) 867-6632. Fax: (812) 867-0247.
* Plexco. Polyethylene piping systems. Contact: Jim Stilling, 1050 IL Route 83, Bensenville, Ill. 60106-0148. (630) 350-3716. Fax: (630) 350-2916.
* Poly-Flex Inc. High density polyethylene geomembranes and linear low density polyethylene geomembranes. Contact: Tom Boothe, 2000 West Marshall Dr., Grand Prairie, Texas 75051. (800) 527-3327, ext. 261. Fax: (214) 988-8331.
* Power Strategies L.L.C. Landfill gas products including collection systems. Contact: Paul Thompson, 3845 FM 1960 West, Ste. 270. Houston, Texas 77068. (713) 893-2020. Fax: (713) 893-2059.
* Reef Industries Inc. Interim landfill covers. Contact: Mark Young, P.O. Box 750250, Houston, Texas 77275-02509. (713) 507-4200. Fax: (713) 507-4295.
* Rexworks Inc. Landfill compactors and wheels. Contact: Chris Klinck, 445 West Oklahoma Ave., Milwau-kee, Wis. 53207. (414) 747-7200. Fax: (414) 747-7345.
* Rusmar Incorporated. Long duration foam for alternate daily cover material. Contact: Laura White, 216 Garfield Ave., West Chester, Penn. 19380. (800) 733-3626. Fax: (610) 436-8436. Reference: Lycoming County Landfill. Contact: Wayne Alexander, General Manager, RD 2 Box 587, Montgomery, Pa. 17752. (717) 547-1870.