Waste360 has announced the winners of its second annual 40 Under 40 awards program. The 40 Under 40 showcases the next generation of leaders who are shaping the future of the waste and recycling industry.
“We’re delighted that the 2017 class is once again the top of their respective crafts. From technology and innovation to grassroots growth and vast professional achievement, these 40 young professionals give the entire waste, recycling and organics industry a great deal to be proud of. The future is bright thanks to the thinking and hard work of these rising stars. We look forward to celebrating them at WasteExpo in May,” says Waste360 Vice President and Market Leader Mark Hickey..
The Waste360 40 Under 40 awards program recognizes inspiring and innovative professionals under the age of 40 whose work in waste, recycling and organics has made a significant contribution to the industry. The winners are involved in many different aspects including hauling, composting, policymaking, sustainability and municipal initiatives.
The 2017 40 Under 40 award winners:
- Geoff Aardsma, Vice President of Client Services, Enevo
- Ranjith Annepu, Co-Founder, be Waste Wise
- Mark Armen, Founder, Replenysh
- Kevin Atkinson, Owner, Texas Pride Disposal
- Josh Bray, President, Sanitation Solutions
- Michael Casella, Market Area Manager, Casella Waste Systems
- Mike Classen, Solid Waste Project Engineer, HDR
- Beth Coddington, Consultant, Resource Recycling Systems
- Josh Cohen, Founder & CEO, The Junkluggers
- James Contreras, Jr., Manager, RJ Waste & Recovery
- Mayra Cordero, Environmental Specialist, El Paso Community College
- Spence Davenport, Process Improvement Manager, Athens Services
- Mitch Davis, Waste & Recycling Permits Coordinator, Salt Lake City Waste & Recycling Division
- Nate Davis, Director, ESG Partsl, Environmental Solutions Group
- David Dominguez, Fleet Director, WCA Waste Corp.
- Patrick Dovigi, Founder, President and CEO, Green For Life Environmental
- Jenny English, Account Executive, ReCollect Systems
- Amanda Fairley, Sustainability Manager, Waste Management
- John Fenn, Co-Founder, Budget Dumpster
- Ross Fields, Risk Management Professional, The Leavitt Group
- Colleen Foster, Senior Management Analyst, Solid Waste and Recycling, Water Utilities Department, City of Oceanside, Calif.
- Jason Gates, CEO and co-Founder, Compology
- Fern Gookin, Director of Sustainability, Revolution Recovery
- Ted Habets, General Manager, Waste Industries
- Cody Humphrey, Operations Manager, Republic Services
- Pranav Jampani, Director of Sustainability, The Venetian, The Palazzo and Sands Expo
- Kellie Kish, Recycling Coordinator, City of Minneapolis Division of Solid Waste and Recycling
- Peter Kombouras, Managing Director, Alkemy Environmental
- Gregory Lettieri, CEO, Recycle Track Systems
- David Marcouiller, Executive Vice President Sales Engineering, Machinex Industries
- Martin Mattson, Director of Key Accounts Waste & Recycling, Volvo Construction Equipment NA
- Dulymus (Deuce) McAllister, President, Waste Pro of Louisiana, Waste Pro USA
- Jim McKay, General Manager, Solid Waste Management Services, City of Toronto
- Richard Schofield, Project Development Manager, Enerkem
- Holley Sides, Director of Business Operations & Systems, Meridian Waste Solutions
- Solavann Sim, Regional Manager, SCS Engineers
- Matt Spencer, Vice President of Operations, WCA Waste Corp.
- Sarah Vared, Interim Director, ReFED and Principal, MissionPoint Partners LLC
- Adam Winfield, Founder & President, Simple Recycling
- Nicholas Yafrate, Senior Engineer, Geosyntec Consultants
A panel of expert judges from Waste360 evaluated the nominations and consulted with an external advisor to select the finalists and winners.
The winners will be honored during an awards ceremony at WasteExpo, North America's largest solid waste, recycling and organics industry event, May 8-11, 2017, in New Orleans. WasteExpo brings together the crème de the crème of the industry, gathering key buyers and decision makers—making it the ideal place for Waste360 to recognize these rising stars.