As you’ve likely noticed, Waste360.com has got a new look and feel. The new Waste360.com has been in the works for more than a year. We’ve previewed a beta version of the site in recent weeks, slowly escalating the number of readers viewing the new site.
As of today, all users are now experiencing the new Waste360.com.
There are some features we wanted to make sure you’re aware of as you engage with the new platform.
You will notice an improved layout.
Our home page has two scrolls. On the left, you can scroll recent headlines. The main body of the page is also scrollable, showcasing the latest top stories, key industry topic sections, the latest headlines in our Need to Know section and featured media.
On each story page, when you get to the end of one piece, a new one will automatically load. And the list of headlines on the left side of each story page is also scrollable.
We’re also excited to bring you seamless navigation between Waste360.com, the new Waste360 Marketplace, the annual WasteExpo event, and Waste360 University. Through the “Discover” bar the top of the site, you can move between each of these platforms.
In addition, Waste360.com will now deliver you the same experience no matter what device you are accessing us on. The site is optimized with a responsive design that delivers you the optimum experience no matter whether you’re looking at it on a computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
Our site remains organized in the same key industry topics as it has been in the past. A list of these topics is available in the menu located at the top of the site, pictured below.
Clicking on it brings you an expanded view of all our topics. We hope you agree that our new design enriches the content we develop for you each day, including:
- Collection & Transfer: Coverage of municipal solid waste collections and operations, commercial waste, construction and demolition waste, medical waste, haulers, generators and transfer stations..
- Energy: News, information and analysis on the various waste-to-energy technologies, including waste-to-energy, landfill gas-to-energy, landfill solar and other techniques.
- Fleets & Technology: Waste fleet management and technology issues, including automation, alternative fuels, route optimization, truck bodies and parts and driver safety.
- Landfill: The latest on landfill design and construction, operations, equipment, emissions, leachate and nuisances.
- The Business: News, information and analysis on operations, financial reports, labor relations, legal cases, legislation, mergers and acquisitions and other day-to-day aspects of the waste and recycling business.
- Recycling: The latest industry news and insights zeroing in on all things recycling.
- Organics: Coverage of managing organic waste, the process of anaerobic digestion, dealing with food and yard waste and composting.
Again thank you for your loyalty and I hope you will let me know your thoughts. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out at [email protected].