A successful event is all about how you promote yourself before, during and even after the event. And, by going “social”, it’s a more engaging and less promotional way of doing that.
This post is focused on WasteExpo since it’s right around the corner, but these tips can be applied to any event. Here are several ideas that will give you non-promotional “social” exposure and frame you in a problem-solving light to prospective leads:
- Post this digital badge on your website, in your email signature and in your client communication and link them to www.wasteexpo.com
- Tweet that you’re exhibiting at the event on Twitter and include the hashtag #Waste_Expo. http://twitter.com/waste_expo
- Join us on Linkedin -- Share the link with your colleagues and clients and offer them a special savings discount of 25% off the Premium Pass or FREE admission to the Exhibit Hall. Not a member of our LinkedIn community? Your experience and insights are part of what makes this group so valuable. Join now, start a discussion and share your knowledge!
Join us on Facebook – Start a discussion and invite your colleagues. Folks are really starting to engage with us here, so if you join the conversation, you’ll be seen here.
- Have a blog post or article you’ve written that highlights your expertise? Share it with us, so we can share with our attendees and get them geared up for your presence at the event! If you show how you can help potential customers, they’ll come find you themselves @WasteExpo!
- Does your department or company have its own blog? Blog about your upcoming participation at WasteExpo 2014, highlighting content related to your solutions. Share your blog URL with us, so we can cross-promote it. It’s a win win!
- Have a press release? Who isn’t looking for more ways to distribute their news and announcements? Waste360.com now has a way for you to submit your releases yourself. Just another way we’re helping you market your latest products, services and thought leadership.
Social media is all about sharing, listening and engaging with a community. It’s a great way to highlight your presence at an upcoming event. Plus, you’ll be part of the contagious buzz that always surrounds an exciting live event like WasteExpo.
Did we forget anything? What other ways can you go social to make the most of a tradeshow or live event? Please let us know in the comments…