The National Recycling Coalition (NRC) has appointed nine new members to its Board of Directors. NRC now has 20 board members.
“We initially intended to select seven candidates to fill out a final board size of 18, but after much deliberation we selected nine for a 20-member board,” said NRC Board President Mark Lichtenstein in a press release. “We considered going higher, but agreed there were a number of challenges with a larger board.”
The nine new members are:
- Mick Berry of M2B2
- Jim Hanna of Starbucks
- Brian Hawkinson of the American Forest and Paper Association
- Bob Hollis of The Mobius Network
- Jeff Miller, an Indiana-based communications consultant
- Michele Nestor of Nestor Resources
- Jerry Powell of Resource Recycling
- Mark Reiter of the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries
- Bill Waltz of Strategic Materials
The new board members will be assigned to committees that govern the NRC's activities, which include Communication, Education and Outreach; Conference; Finance; Fund Development; Membership; Planning, Structure & Governance; and Policy.
“We sincerely thank all 15 candidates for putting forth your application and being willing to serve on the Board and we hope that each and every one of you take an active role in the NRC this year,” added Lichtenstein, addressing the applicants.